Monday, February 20, 2012

What a busy day!

Wow, am I beat...

This afternoon, Josh and I switched our room with our twins' room.  Harper and Sophie are now in our room with all their stuff, and Josh and I moved into their room.  Our original room is bigger, and with a bunkbed set coming in the near future, they needed more space.

and YES!  I found the perfect twin-over-full bunk bed set from Slumberland!  We ordered them yesterday but the worker said it could take as long as 6 weeks for them to ship.  Ugh.  Here's a pic~

So, the only thing I don't love is that the guardrail doesn't go all the way to the end.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to how we could remedy that?  Anyone out there handy with wood-working and could build me a railing??

Not sure who's more excited for them to arrive, me or the girls.

Josh and I work well together, tho, and I sure am grateful I'm married to my best friend.  He's one funny guy.  Read on~

During the "move", our girls were downstairs watching The Fresh Beat Band's "Wizard of Song" (what they were watching has no relevance, except to make the point that they're obsessed with this episode)...anyway, every now and then a muff (a "muff" is a word I use for my kids, short for "ragamuffin"...) would come upstairs and undoubtedly exclaim, "WOW, are you switching rooms?!?"  Sometimes it'd be the same kid and yes, the move would blow their minds everytime.  Tay would come up and say, "Uh-oh!  Whoa!  Why?!?!"  At one point, Harper and Sophie had been fighting over two teeny tiny lamb squinkies (squishies?  those tiny toy figurines)...Harper came up to complain.  This is how the conversation ensued...(keep in mind, Josh and I were in the throes of moving/cleaning/organizing/rearranging, etc)

Harper:  "Daa-aad, Sophie won't share her lambs."
Josh:  "Her lamps?  Those are not her lamps."...thinking she's talking about the lamps we're moving into our bedroom.
Me, knowing what Harper's talking about but not wanting to have to own the sharing fiasco, clarfiy for Josh, "No, she's talking about LAMBS"
Josh to Harper, "Oh the lambs?  Yes, you can play with them after Sophie."
Harper:  "How many minutes 'til I can play with dem?"
Josh:  "Five".

A couple minutes go by, Harper and Sophie appear.  Josh and I are still very busy.

Harper:  "Daaa-aaad, Sophie still won't share her lambs."
Josh:  "Sophie, please share your lambs.
Sophie:  "But it will be a long long time before I can have them back."
Josh:  "No, it won't be a long time."
Sophie:  "Yes it will, Harper will want to keep them."
Josh, having had enough, says to them both,  "STOP TALKING TO ME ABOUT THE LAMBS!  I have a ton of stuff to do and none of it involves LAMBS!!"

At this point I'm laughing hysterically.  Mainly because it's not happening to me.  If it were happening to me, I'd prolly have thrown the lambs in the garbage.

So needless to say, I'm tired.  So's Josh.  And the lambs.

'Night, ya'll.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Sounds like our house whenever a semi-major project is happening! Bt the way, you could slide one of those blue mesh bed rails under the mattress inside the rail and slide it all the way to the top or bottom and have only one small area open to get up. We have an ikea loft bed that has an opening and our kids started sleeping on the top around age three (barely) and no one has fallen out of that spot! Cute bunks!

    ReplyDelete